Thursday, January 22, 2009

Vadodara!

Since my last post, we have arrived at our host city of Vadodara. It's "small", with 1.4 million people, and it's home to the M.S.U., of whom is sponsoring my stepmother in her work. We stayed in this oddly business quaint hotel, as titled The Ginger, for five some nights, only after attempting to get an apartment days before we got to leave. We were all sick of that place - it had an obscenely strong odor of bug pesticide, mixed with indian food spices, mixed with flower deodorizer. What a horrid combination :D
After moving out of the ginger, we moved into our apartment (of which is conveniently located right next to the University). It's got three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a kitchen, and a large living room. All of the ceilings are really high and all of the floors are marble. It's quite nice. In our surrounding area we have trees on nearly all sides of the building with countless, sometimes more than 8, monkeys roaming around in the trees and on top of buildings. It's rad, I gotta say.
We conveniently hack onto our neighbor's wireless internet, so thank the lord we're still wired here :] My brother is the one with the window air conditioner and flipping king sized bed (I actually found this royal treatment to be quite funny - it's his loss of the rustic life :/)
During the days, I've taken to working on my online Spanish course, reading, and attending a twice weekly sewing class at the college. I've met several girls, all in sewing or textiles majors, and all of them are 21 or 22. The shocker for me was, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how they got into college because they looked the EXACT same age as me. And I kid you not, it was wild. They were all shocked when they found out I was my age... The feeling was mutual all around.
We're probably going to stay here for a few weeks before traveling a bit. Hopefully it will start to feel a little less strange here pretty soon (not like it hasn't already; don't get me wrong. It just feels like a complete and utter foreign world. It's quite different).

No comments:

Post a Comment