I have to say, the getting sick aspect of travel is becoming less and less exciting as time goes on. After the first bout of diarrhea, I was overjoyed that it was over and looking forward to the endless foods I could eat without worry of being sick. After the second bout of diarrhea and a fever of 102 degrees F, I was relieved that FINALLY, I would be free of traveler's disease. And then, yet again, I must get sick. Food poisoning is the worst, though. Of all of them. The cranking stomach, and then the off balance push as you feel like you're going to die. Then, for a brief amount of time, you feel fine again. And then you get this rush a good 5, 10 times again before it's over. How exciting. I enjoyed it, let me tell you.
And so, after this third event of becoming sick here, I have decided to now watch what I eat. I'm envious of Wendy and Ben, who seem to eat without much problem (Jay, on the other hand, gets to enjoy the sick business with me nearly every time!).
All I can say is, those American health standards and the oh so delightful American bacteria are looking pretty nice right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

When Anna got sick in Buenos Aires from the water, what really worked (and is recommended on the CDC site) is Pepto Bismal.
ReplyDelete